About Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program
Welcome to the Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance Program (Rehabilitation Program). This program is coordinated and administered on behalf of VAC by a national contractor: Partners in Canadian Veterans Rehabilitation Services (PCVRS).
Your VAC Case Manager has determined you are eligible for the Rehabilitation Program and referred you to PCVRS.
This program is delivered through your VAC Case Manager in collaboration with a Rehabilitation Service Specialist (RSS) at PCVRS. It is one of many VAC programs, services and benefits that Veterans and their families can access during their transition to life after service.
The Rehabilitation Program will provide you with timely access to a range of medical, psycho-social and vocational services to support your unique needs as a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Veteran.
The Rehabilitation Program will help you work toward:
- Improving your life after service
- Addressing challenges at home, work, or in the community
- Improving your health and overall well-being
Purpose of the Rehabilitation Program
The overall purpose of the Rehabilitation Program is to address barriers to re- establishment in life after service for ill and injured Veterans, their eligible spouse/common-law partners, and survivors.
For Veterans, our mission is support you to improve your medical and psychological function to the fullest extent possible and, if appropriate, help you achieve your vocational goals.
If you are a spouse, common-law partner, or survivor, our objective is to provide you with vocational assistance to achieve your career goals.
Goals for the Rehabilitation Program
By the end of your rehabilitation journey, we want to have supported your improvement in the following categories:
- Overall health and well-being
- Skills and abilities
- Employability status
- Satisfaction with the results of your rehabilitation journey
- Life satisfaction
PCVRS service promise
- To provide an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination, respectful of your privacy, and considerate of your unique experience as a Veteran, spouse, common-law partner, or survivor
- To involve you in the development of your Rehabilitation Plan and to ensure you have the support and resources you need
- To support the achievement of your rehabilitation goals with care, compassion, and recognition of your individual needs and abilities
- To seek and respond to your feedback and address any concerns you may have throughout your rehabilitation journey
Rehabilitation Program application
If you are interested in learning more about program eligibility and how to apply, please visit Rehabilitation Program – Veterans Affairs Canada