PCVRS is committed to caring for program Participants and the environment. This means working together to reduce our carbon emissions while delivering excellent care. PCVRS aims to follow and promote good sustainability practices, reduce environmental impacts of our activities and help our Participants and business partners do the same. Our commitment is based on the following principles:
- Comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- Promote environmental awareness among our team and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Avoid the use of hazardous materials and products by seeking substitutions when feasible and taking all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment for the use, storage, and disposal of such materials.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facilities including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources -particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist.
- Review and continually improve our environmental sustainability performance.